Monday, August 2, 2010

Human Centred Products

In the online video ‘David Kelley on Human Centred Design’ (http://ides1031-2010.blogspot.com/2010/07/video-david-kelley-on-human-centred.html) the first thing that was introduced was the new products and technologies in a new store, I think the new devices had brought shopping to a more convenient level. The use of RF tags around the whole store allows staffs to easily access the amount of stocks, where it is placed and all data needed on the product. Scanners in the changing room collects data of what cloths are inside the room, I think this is a really useful way to keep track of the products in the store. One thing I especially liked was the use of liquid crystal display in the changing room, as it is so much more convenient for consumers. The ‘magic mirror’ was also one of the products I really liked. I think it is well suited for consumers in the changing room and that the use of camera is very well integrated with the mirror.

I quite like the interactive wall that was built inside the museum; I like how it was built with similar look as the London subway map. With the idea of having the use of the subway system to show messages that people left in the museum and the light going around the tubes looks really nice.

I think the pavilion is quite interesting; I like how the aim was to make it quiet and peaceful, which I think is well suited with the water flowing sound and the use of glass made the whole pavilion feels so calm and peaceful.

Finally, the last product was the Spyfish, I think it’s quite a well designed product, how it seems really user-friendly was one part that I liked the most about this product as it was designed mainly for consumer. I like how the advanced technology in this product allows people to see clearly what’s under the water and can even reach deep water where not much sun light can get. I think this product is a really good design for a lot of people who are not capable of scuba diving. The shape of the product was formed similar to a fish; build with shiny silver metal on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment