Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Project 1 : Experience Enrichment


For this project, I started off by researching on my target audience, which was a rich success business man was my final target user.

In this project, what I’m trying to archive is to design a cork screw that not only give a good aesthetics but also giving different pleasures to the target user.

I try to archive this by thinking of ways to improve the feeling that gives out to the user when it’s both in use and not in use.

The shape was a big part of the design, in order to make it so that it seems more like the target user’s style, when I design the form, I had to keep looking back to the moodboard in order to make sure I won’t go off track and design a form that doesn’t suit the user’s style. I tried to archive my target by creating a form that will also combine well into the wine bottle when in use.

The handle was also a main part of the design which I focused on a lot, I keep thinking of ideas that will improve the grip but also keeping the style.

For the final design, I think I’ve archived most of the style and pleasure that can be added into the corkscrew for this target user. A form similar to a wine glass flipped upside down with a shape that fits really well together with the wine bottle.



5 comments:

  1. Im quite attracted by the hero shot; how its placed in context it really makes sense to me that product belongs there. the products' shape really differentiates itself from other corkscrew designs knowing that they really havent changed for decades. Some recommendations; i would say the design would be pleasurable to use if it was semantically designed to tell people how to use it if one viewed it without a bottle next to it. Best of luck

    James.L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I find this corkscrew quite interesting.. Instead of a conventional one, which looks very 'mechanical' with all the gears, you made something sleek. Might be a talking point, and you can even use it as a decoration.

    Speaking about the shape, I think it could be improved somehow. Nothing about the top part tells me that I'm supposed to twist it. If you were to give this to me without telling me what it is, I'd be probably playing around with the arms..

    Target audience wise, I think the shape looks more towards the cute-ish side rather than a rich business man.. Your corkscrew reminds me of a penguin, although the all black paint dials down the 'cute' aspect of it.

    Good job and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The aesthetics of your corkscrew appear fun as it resembles a small chubby figure, which confuses me as you have intended your target market to be a rich businessman. However it looks simple to use and easy to hold, a utensil which you wouldn't be expected to return to the drawer after use, one that could be displayed as a small decorative piece. I'd have substituted the target market to someone more likely to be fun filled and young to match the playful appearance of your product.

    I want one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice corkscrew, it is very different to the ones i normally see, but as i have told you, the shape of the corkscrew looks like a penguin, but it can be a positive point, because it wont be just a piece of tool, it can also be a decoration in a kitchen, overall, i like your design of it, it looks pretty cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it!! the shape of your design looks like a penguin as Frankie already mentioned, but then i really like to use your design product to see if it works well or not. i just like the overall conept and not only your target market but alot of people would be interested in purchaing your product if it is really manufactured. Great Work, Ben!!

    ReplyDelete